Today, I share this colourful Mediterranean Cauliflower Salad, it is full of wonderful vegetables and makes a tasty low carb, vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free dish.
1 small/medium head cauliflower – cut off the florets
1 cup red onion – chopped
1 cup cucumber – chopped
2 cups cherry tomatoes – cut in half
¼ cup black olives
¼ cup fresh parsley – chopped
For The Dressing
2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Salt and black pepper
1 garlic clove – minced
2. Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 3-4 minutes. The time will depend on the power of the microwave.
3. Once cauliflower is cool enough to handle, transfer to a salad bowl.
4. Add all the rest of the salad ingredients in the salad bowl.
5. In a mason jar, pour the olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Add salt, pepper, garlic and whisk everything together. Continue to whisk while streaming in the olive oil. Taste to check the seasoning.
6. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
You will find a variety of recipes and articles within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.
All the best Jan